Argentum or silver is one of the brightest reflectors and maintaining the silver patina is very important to retain the beauty of silver jewellery. If you take the following precautions your silver jewellery will last for a pretty long time.
The worst and the only enemy of silver is tarnish. This chemical compound is responsible for the discoloration of your silver jewellery. Try the following measures to remove tarnish from silver.
1. For cleaning purpose, use phosphate free detergent.
2. Avoid wearing silver jewellery while taking your bath.
3. Wear your silver jewellery after make-up.
4. Do not use your jewellery while doing any physical activities.
5. Store your silver jewellery in polythene bags.
6. Do not use tissue papers for storing your silver jewellery.
7. The jewellery should not come in contact with any food or drink.
8. Drop a piece of chalk in the place where you are storing your jewellery.
9. Do not panic.